…when you’re having fun, right?!?
And we have been having fun here at the aLearning Blog! Suddenly, it seems, we’re publishing our 250th post and celebrating five years.
Yep, five years. And so much has changed!
When aLearning published its first post back on January 27, 2007:
- no LMS systems (that we know of at the time) were designed especially to meet the needs of associations and nonprofits
- few (if any) research endeavors about online learning focused on associations and nonprofits
- few (if any) organizations bothered to survey association learning leaders to find out what we’re doing in the field and how things were going
- the number of association-specific blogs could be counted on the fingers of one person’s hands
- social learning and virtual learning environments were mysterious, hocus-pocus, scary entities
A lot has changed over just five changes of the seasons, hasn’t it?!?
Top 100 aLearning Blog Posts
To celebrate this milestone, we’ve compiled an ebook of our Top 100 aLearning Blog Posts. Just skimming through these selections made us realize how quickly the elearning sands shift, affecting the landscape, even moving the horizon.
At over 200 pages, this compilation brings together in one place the best — and most controversial — writing from the aLearning Blog. We’ve included most comments (the fine print is that we’ve deleted pingpacks, backtracks, and outright sales pitches) and are proud of the attention the aLearning Blog has garnered over the years by elearning and education experts.
To Get Your Copy
We’ve made this e-publication very affordable at just $5. To order, go to www.ellenbooks.com/store.html and click the “Buy Now” PayPal button. You should be able to read this PDF from any device with a PDF reader (such as Adobe Reader).
If you’ve purchased aLearning: A Trail Guide to Association eLearning, we’ll send you a copy of the Top 100 Posts for free. Just send Ellen an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and attach an electronic copy of your Lulu receipt, and we’ll send you the Top 100 Posts by return e-mail. We appreciate your support and are happy to say “thank you” in this small way.