Focus on YOUR PD Lately?
Posted by Ellen on December 7, 2010
We focus a lot on providing the BEST learning our association members can get — they deserve it from us, don’t you think?
If only we were as generous with our own professional development!
In light of Employee Learning Week — call it Staff Professional Development Week if you want — give yourself the gift of learning.
- Scope out a new blog or Twitterfeed to follow
- Invest in a new book (how about aLearning: A Trail Guide to Association eLearning? Just click the links on the left for more info)
- Find a conference or education event that will fill a gap for you
- Subscribe to a new magazine
- Search YouTube for relevant videos on a topic you want to learn more about
- Register for an online course (or view the aLearning tutorials for FREE — click the “aLearning Fundamentals” tag on the left to see the choices)
- Post a question on LinkedIn or another professional social networking site or search for another topic you want to explore
The possibilities are endless!!
Feed your mind.
You can’t nourish your members educationally if your own head is empty!